National Scholarship Program
The National Scholarship Program celebrates the talents of young people who show extraordinary promise and would benefit from additional support to reach their full potential.
Every year, over 20 young people from across Australia are awarded a Youth Off The Streets scholarship.
What does a scholarship include?
- Financial support – recipients receive $6,000 towards educational or training goals over two years, including course fees and support costs such as equipment, uniforms, textbooks and stationery
- Staff support – our staff assist scholarship recipients with budgeting expenses, housing, employment, healthcare, counselling and other service referrals
- Mentoring – each recipient is matched with a trained mentor who provides guidance and support during the scholarship period
- National scholarship awards ceremony – this event is held in November and formally recognises each recipient’s achievements
Who can apply?
- Students aged 16–21 inclusive (as at 20 September) with a clear need for financial assistance
- Students studying in Australia for the duration of the two-year scholarship period
- Citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand (evidence will be required)
All applicants must convey their genuine talent, ability and determination in any education or training course, including (but not limited to):
- Academic skills
- Visual or performing arts
- Trade skills
How do I apply?
Applications for 2021 have now closed. The next round of scholarship applications will open in March 2022 – please check back for more information on how to apply, as well as guidelines and conditions.
Find out more
Contact us for more information about our National Scholarship Program
9am – 5pm
(02) 9330 3500
Interested in sponsoring a scholarship?
Our program would not exist without generous sponsors and donors. Learn more about this life-changing sponsorship opportunity.