Outreach engages young people in their own environment, starting with low key activities and building up to more structured, specific activities as trust and acceptance grows in the community.
Every young person has their own story to tell and their own issues to deal with. So we don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach. We treat the young people who participate in Outreach programs as individuals and make sure our programs meet their needs – whether it’s BBQs, sporting events, cinema nights or music workshops.
Our Outreach programs give young people the chance to meet youth workers. It’s often the first step to accessing help. We can support young people if they’re in trouble and put them in touch with the services they need.
Everyone is welcome
Our focus is on youth aged 12 to 25 but we encourage families to get involved. We work with local services to develop partnerships with the local community. We make sure most of our activities take place outside of work hours so there is no conflict with employment. The timing makes it easier for families to get involved.
- Accessible activities. Outreach activities take place between 5 and 10pm – outside standard working hours and during peak youth activity times.
- Focused initiatives. Everyone is welcome – but Outreach programs are designed for youth aged 12-21 years old.
- Connected programs. Outreach activities are integrated with programs that already exist in the community.
- Community input. Outreach programs are dynamic – and constantly adapting to the changing needs in our communities.
To make sure we meet the diverse needs of the young people who come to Outreach, Youth Off The Streets employs trainees who come from the local community.
- Outreach BBQ’s
- Sport and recreational activities
- Arts and Crafts
- Music and Dance
- Practical and life skill development initiatives
- Excursions and Camps
- Individual advocacy support
- Assistance with referral to other services
- Information on a range of topics
Join us at Outreach
Location: Adjacent to Beenleigh Courthouse
Time: 9:00am – 11:30am
- Court support for young people
- Engaging with young people
- Networking with other services
- Signing young people up to workshops
Outreach at Crestmead Skate Park
Location: Crestmead Park, Crestmead
Time: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Outreach at Argonaut Skate/Adventure Park
Location: Kingston, Woodridge
Time 4:00pm – 7:30pm
Kicking Goals 2 Transition
Location: Brisbane Youth Dentention Centre, Wacol
Time 8:30am – 11:30am
- Setting independent future goals and strategies to achieve them
- Resume, cover letter, interviews and other job related activities
- Building friendship and teamwork
- General information on local services
Workshop at Youth Off The Streets Hub, Logan
Location: 7 Jacaranda Ave, Logan Central
Time 9:00am – 3:00pm
Call or email anytime
Beny Bol T: 0477 364 584 E: firstname.lastname@example.org