Youth off the Streets is helping young people connect with their peers and relate to their families, and building stronger communities in the process.
No group in Australia faces more challenges than our Aboriginal population.
Low health and life expectancy outcomes are part of a cycle of disadvantage that Youth Off The Street aims to break. Aboriginal Services works with every arm of Youth Off The Streets to make sure the rights and needs of Aboriginal young people are factored into all our activities and programs.
Through our Outreach program, Youth Off The Streets is building stronger, safer communities. We listen to communities when we develop our Outreach activities so that our programs meet their culturally specific needs. We work closely with Aboriginal, Islander, and Muslim communities to make sure that we are able to help young people connect with their peers, relate to their families – and ultimately reconnect with the whole community.
If you are not sure who you need to contact at Youth Off The Streets, complete this
If you are looking for a program or service near you that assists working with the community, please try Youth Point
If you are in immediate need, please call one of the following national 24/7 service numbers:
Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
• 24/7 telephone service for acute mental health situation
• Will assist I providing a direct link with a local Mental Health Service
Lifeline – 13 11 14
• 24/7 telephone crisis support and suicide prevention and mental health support services (common issues include: personal crisis, anxiety, depression, loneliness, abuse, trauma, stress, self-help)
• Online crisis support chat (7pm – 4am, everyday)
Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
• 24/7 support for all ages regarding anxiety, depression, suicide and related issues
• Online support chat (3pm – 12am, everyday)
Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
• 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people aged 15+ who may be suicidal, be caring for someone who is suicidal, be bereaved by suicide
Family Drug Support – 1300 368 186
• 24/7 telephone support for families affected by alcohol and other drugs
Domestic Violence Line – 1800 656 463
• 24/7 telephone counselling, information and referrals for women and same sex partners who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence
1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732
• 24/7 telephone and online information and support – National sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling
Mensline – 1300 78 99 78
• 24/7 crisis support for men with family and relationship concerns
• Call back service including an Arabic call back service
• Online and video counselling
Link2Home – 1800 152 152
• 24/7 information, assessments and referrals to homeless support and accommodation services across NSW