Hunter Valley Outreach strives to foster community input, share resources and maintain a consistent approach.
Our staff work collaboratively with local services and are proactive in developing new partnerships. By doing this we aim to strengthen existing programs and activities and enhance opportunities that assist youth with positive lifestyle choices to succeed in their own way.
Every young person has their own story to tell and their own issues to deal with. So we don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach. We treat the young people who participate in Outreach programs as individuals and make sure our programs meet their needs – whether it’s BBQs, sporting events, cinema nights or music workshops.
Our Outreach programs give young people the chance to meet youth workers. It’s often the first step to accessing help. We can support young people if they’re in trouble and put them in touch with the services they need.
Everyone is welcome
Our focus is on youth aged 12 to 25 but we encourage families to get involved. We work with local services to develop partnerships with the local community. We make sure Most of our activities take place outside of work hours so there is no conflict with employment. The timing makes it easier for families to get involved.
- Accessible activities. Outreach activities take place between 5 and 10pm – outside standard working hours and during peak youth activity times.
- Focused initiatives. Everyone is welcome – but Outreach programs are designed for youth aged 12-21 years old.
- Connected programs. Outreach activities are integrated with programs that already exist in the community.
- Community input. Outreach programs are dynamic – and constantly adapting to the changing needs in our communities.
To make sure we meet the diverse needs of the young people who come to Outreach, Youth Off The Streets employs trainees who come from the local community.
Join us at Outreach
- Hunter Valley Kurri Kurri Outreach: Every Friday from 5.30pm – 9pm at Margaret Johns Park Kurri Kurri in front of the pool complex (skate park), Corner Northcote St and Boundary St.
- Hunter Valley Kurri Kurri Outreach wet weather location: 6.00pm, Senior Citizens Centre, corner of Barton St and Hampden St, Kurri Kurri (next door to the Pizza Place).
- Hunter Valley East Cessnock Outreach: Every Thursday from 3.30pm – 7.00pm at 58 Alkira Ave, East Cessnock, NSW Housing Community Cottage.
Call or email anytime
T: 02 4936 1917 E: email@example.com