If you are having problems at school, Youth Off The Streets can help.
Many students come to one of our independent and accredited schools with chronic behavioural problems and a long history of skipping school.
It’s hard for schools to provide the intensive support that these students need.
Without help, we know that these students will have difficulty finishing school and entering the workforce. We know that they face a greater likelihood of drug taking, alcohol abuse and criminal behaviour than other students.
That’s where Youth Off The Streets School In-reach program comes in. It’s a 10-week program that aims to build resilience in students and give them the social skills and behaviour management strategies they need to stay in school. Our youth workers work closely with at risk students to re-engage them with education and put them on a path to positive life choices.
If you are not sure who you need to contact at Youth Off The Streets, complete this
If you are looking for a program or service near you that assists with problems at school, please try Youth Point
If you are in immediate need, please call one of the following national 24/7 service numbers:
Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
• 24/7 telephone service for acute mental health situation
• Will assist I providing a direct link with a local Mental Health Service
Lifeline – 13 11 14
• 24/7 telephone crisis support and suicide prevention and mental health support services (common issues include: personal crisis, anxiety, depression, loneliness, abuse, trauma, stress, self-help)
• Online crisis support chat (7pm – 4am, everyday)
Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
• 24/7 support for all ages regarding anxiety, depression, suicide and related issues
• Online support chat (3pm – 12am, everyday)
Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
• 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people aged 15+ who may be suicidal, be caring for someone who is suicidal, be bereaved by suicide
Family Drug Support – 1300 368 186
• 24/7 telephone support for families affected by alcohol and other drugs
Domestic Violence Line – 1800 656 463
• 24/7 telephone counselling, information and referrals for women and same sex partners who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence
1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732
• 24/7 telephone and online information and support – National sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling
Mensline – 1300 78 99 78
• 24/7 crisis support for men with family and relationship concerns
• Call back service including an Arabic call back service
• Online and video counselling
Link2Home – 1800 152 152
• 24/7 information, assessments and referrals to homeless support and accommodation services across NSW