Many young people who come to Youth Off The Streets have disconnected from their families. We help young people re-engage with their families in a safe and supporting environment.
Many of our services, including our schools, offer relationship building programs.
We help young people work on the interpersonal skills they need to establish trusting relationships.
At the Inner West Youth Homelessness Service, our case management approach also involves rekindling family relationships where appropriate.
When young people arrive at Dunlea Alcohol and Other Drug Service, they often report communication difficulties with their families. The Family Talk program is designed to help young people with drug and alcohol problems reconnect with their families.
At Family Talk, we offer individual case management to young people and their families as well as group sessions that involved several families. Each week, with the help of a facilitator, the group discusses topics focused on understanding and communicating with teenagers with drug and alcohol issues.
We’ve seen great successes with the program so far and plan to run the program four times a year from Dunlea.
If you or someone you know could benefit from the Family Talk program, contact us at Dunlea. Monday to Friday between 8am and 4pm.
T: 02 97215714
If you are not sure who you need to contact at Youth Off The Streets, complete this
If you are looking for a program or service near you that assists with family breakdown, please try Youth Point
If you are in immediate need, please call one of the following national 24/7 service numbers:
Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
• 24/7 telephone service for acute mental health situation
• Will assist I providing a direct link with a local Mental Health Service
Lifeline – 13 11 14
• 24/7 telephone crisis support and suicide prevention and mental health support services (common issues include: personal crisis, anxiety, depression, loneliness, abuse, trauma, stress, self-help)
• Online crisis support chat (7pm – 4am, everyday)
Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
• 24/7 support for all ages regarding anxiety, depression, suicide and related issues
• Online support chat (3pm – 12am, everyday)
Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
• 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people aged 15+ who may be suicidal, be caring for someone who is suicidal, be bereaved by suicide
Family Drug Support – 1300 368 186
• 24/7 telephone support for families affected by alcohol and other drugs
Domestic Violence Line – 1800 656 463
• 24/7 telephone counselling, information and referrals for women and same sex partners who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence
1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732
• 24/7 telephone and online information and support – National sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling
Mensline – 1300 78 99 78
• 24/7 crisis support for men with family and relationship concerns
• Call back service including an Arabic call back service
• Online and video counselling
Link2Home – 1800 152 152
• 24/7 information, assessments and referrals to homeless support and accommodation services across NSW