If you need counselling and mental health support, Youth Off The Streets can help.
We know that many of the young people who use our services are dealing with mental health issues.
This makes it harder to cope with daily stresses and to break the cycle of disadvantage.
Our Mental Health team, offers counselling and assessment by a team of qualified psychologists. We meet young people in places they feel comfortable and work hard to build rapport and trust into our interactions. Our mental health team supports young people who use our services and, where necessary, provides referrals to external service providers.
We run a family program through the Mental Health team that offers young people the chance to re-engage with family members in a safe and secure environment. If you would like to be part of a Youth Off The Streets program or service, complete this.
If you are looking for a program or service near you that offers counselling, please try Youth Point
If you are in immediate need, please call one of the following national 24/7 service numbers:
Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
• 24/7 telephone service for acute mental health situation
• Will assist you by providing a direct link with a local Mental Health Service
Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800
• 24/7 free telephone service for young people aged 5-25 years in Australia
Lifeline – 13 11 14
• 24/7 telephone crisis support and suicide prevention and mental health support services (common issues include: personal crisis, anxiety, depression, loneliness, abuse, trauma, stress, self-help)
• Online crisis support chat (7pm – 4am, everyday)
Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
• 24/7 support for all ages regarding anxiety, depression, suicide and related issues
• Online support chat (3pm – 12am, everyday)
Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
• 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people aged 15+ who may be suicidal, be caring for someone who is suicidal, be bereaved by suicide
Family Drug Support – 1300 368 186
• 24/7 telephone support for families affected by alcohol and other drugs
Domestic Violence Line – 1800 656 463
• 24/7 telephone counselling, information and referrals for women and same sex partners who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence
1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732
• 24/7 telephone and online information and support – National sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling
Mensline – 1300 78 99 78
• 24/7 crisis support for men with family and relationship concerns
• Call back service including an Arabic call back service
• Online and video counselling
Link2Home – 1800 152 152
• 24/7 information, assessments and referrals to homeless support and accommodation services across NSW