Outreach engages young people in their own environment, starting with low key activities and building up to more structured, specific activities as trust and acceptance grows in the community.
Every young person has their own story to tell and their own issues to deal with. So we don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach. We treat the young people who participate in Outreach programs as individuals and make sure our programs meet their needs – whether it’s BBQs, sporting events, cinema nights or music workshops.
Our Outreach programs give young people the chance to meet youth workers. It’s often the first step to accessing help. We can support young people if they’re in trouble and put them in touch with the services they need.
Everyone is welcome
Our focus is on youth aged 12 to 25 but we encourage families to get involved. We work with local services to develop partnerships with the local community. We make sure most of our activities take place outside of work hours so there is no conflict with employment. The timing makes it easier for families to get involved.
- Accessible activities. Outreach activities take place between 5 and 8pm – outside standard working hours and during peak youth activity times.
- Focused initiatives. Everyone is welcome – but Outreach programs are designed for youth aged 12-21 years old.
- Connected programs. Outreach activities are integrated with programs that already exist in the community.
- Community input. Outreach programs are dynamic – and constantly adapting to the changing needs in our communities.
To make sure we meet the diverse needs of the young people who come to Outreach, Youth Off The Streets employs trainees who come from the local community.
South East Sydney Outreach offers many programs to local young people, a few examples include:
- Outreach BBQ’s
- Sport and recreational activities
- Arts and Crafts
- Practical and life skill development initiatives
- Excursions and Camps
- Individual advocacy support
- Assistance with referral to other services
- Information on a range of topics.
Join us at Outreach
Share a BBQ, make new friends, meet our team and get involved.
- Young Men’s Group, 29 Lexington Place, Maroubra (Gym program with Snap fitness includes breakfast & school drop off)
- Outreach at Bilga Crescent, Malabar (Behind Kooloora Community Centre): Wednesday, 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- Outreach at Elphinstone Park, South Coogee: Friday, 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- Cross-fit Program (Over 16’s only), 29 Lexington Place, Maroubra: Monday & Thursday, 3:30-4:30pm
- Identify Program – Young Male’s Cultural Group about Reconnecting With Your Culture: Adhoc
- Juvenile Justice Referrals – Supporting Young People from Juvenile Justice
- After School drop-in at 29 Lexington Place, Maroubra: Tuesday 3:00pm to 5:00pm
South East Sydney Outreach Contact details:
Andrea Gomes, Senior Youth Worker
0477 388 709 or firstname.lastname@example.org