Young people have the right to feel safe all the time. We help young people move off the streets and into safety.
It’s not easy to make the transition from sleeping rough to independent living and many homeless young people need support with the business side of things.Through our Brokerage program we provide financial assistance—with expenses such as bills and education—which put young people in a better position to secure or sustain housing.
. We can assist young people with the following kinds of transactions:
- Establishing or moving tenancy
- Management of housing related debts
- Employment and education related costs
- Capacity building and living skills costs
- Legal expenses
- Medical and dental expenses
- Culturally specific expenses
This program operates as part of the Inner West Youth Homelessness Services, a Youth Off The Streets led program, in partnership with Youth Off The Streets, Wesley Mission and YWCA NSW. The service supports over 450 young people per year, covering six Local Government Areas including: Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Marrickville, Leichhardt and Strathfield. We focus on early intervention and provide homes support services for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Find out more
For referrals please contact the Inner West Youth Homelessness Service
(02) 8217 4700 – Referral line operates 9 am-5 pm, for referring young people to accommodation or support services
(02) 8217 4702 – After hours (outside of 9am to 5pm)