- Opportunity to make a difference
- Great development opportunities
- Located at Weston, Hunter Valley
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full-time or part-time job in hand.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide specific individual and group-based community support to vulnerable young people. The Youth Worker will assist young people to engage with and access services and programs offered by Youth Off The Streets by providing Outreach Services in designated areas in the Hunter region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with facilitating group activities, programs and workshops
- Building rapport and addressing the needs of the young people
- Build and continue networking with selected stakeholders, other agencies, Schools and local community
- Prepare and manage Outreach reports as required
- Have an understanding of issues and challenges faced by youth from various individual and cultural backgrounds
Essential Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Youth Work or Community Services
- 1+ year’s sound knowledge of, and experience in the youth and community sector
- Current Driver’s licence (Green Provisional P2 or above)
- Valid and current Working With Children Check
- Possess a thorough understanding of the mandatory child protection procedures and values that underpin a child safe organisation
- Experience in case work, group facilitation, child protection procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Have an understanding of adolescent development
- Strong communication skills and highly service orientated
Desirable Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience working in an outreach setting
- Knowledge of the local Hunter Valley community
- Experience in program evaluation and planning
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a desire to work within a dedicated and service driven outreach team, where you are working closely with employees to achieve great results. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working together to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume through to email@example.com
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check
Recruiters need not make contact.« View more volunteer opportunities