Do you enjoy the outdoors and enjoy working in the garden?
We are looking for a friendly, energetic and responsible volunteer who can operate gardening equipment and is passionate about gardening. You will perform a variety of gardening duties at our two houses which provide crisis accommodation for young homeless people, at Marrickville and Erskineville. You will need your own transport to travel between these two houses
You can pick the day best suited for you and your lifestyle. It is expected that these activities would involve a few hours a week during spring and summer and less hours in autumn and winter.
All equipment is provided by Youth off the Streets and is stored at each location. Your activities would include:
- Lawn mowing and edging;
- Timely trimming and pruning;
- Weeding of gardens and lawns;
- General garden maintenance;
- Timely watering of all plants;
- Ensuring all green waste is collected and in the relevant bins;
- Ensuring all equipment is cleaned after use and securely stored; and
- Ensuring all relevant health and safety standards are met in relation to your own personal safety and the safety of the staff and young people.
As we are a child safe organisation you will need to hold a valid Working with Children Check. Please note we will also conduct a criminal check on your behalf.