Youth Off The Streets is looking for a secondary Teacher to teach multiple key learning areas in Stage 5 and 6 at its school Eden College, Macquarie Fields.
The essential criteria for this role include, but are not limited to:
- an accredited four year undergraduate teaching degree. Appropriate degrees include a Bachelor of Education (Secondary), or a combined or double degree such as a Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education (Secondary); or
- a bachelor degree (such as a Bachelor of Arts or Science) coupled with an accredited graduate entry teaching degree such as a Bachelor of Education (Secondary) or Master of Teaching (Secondary); and
- Current registration with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
- Capacity to initiate and motivate improvement in a high school with disengaged youth.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles that underpin a child safe organisation including mandatory child protection procedures.
- Demonstrated capacity to respect and work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, First Aid and Drivers Licence are essential for this position.
Additional skills in outdoor recreation, performing arts, creative arts, sport, fitness or other extra curricula activities are desirable qualities.
Youth Off The Streets prides itself in being able to meet student’s needs that currently cannot be met in mainstream schooling. Our schools aim to offer young people who have become disengaged from education an opportunity to achieve either the Record of School Achievement, Higher School Certificate or the skills they require to go on to further vocational education, apprenticeships and/or employment.
Often students may not realise that the path to reaching their desired ‘end goal’ is through education. We work to reignite a passion for learning by structuring the curriculum so that students can re-engage in education and progress toward their own end goal.
A majority of our success is based on the provision of individual learning adjustments within and outside of the classroom. We meet NESA curriculum outcomes through a success based program, providing opportunities for students to achieve and contribute positively within the school and wider community.
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max two pages) with your application.
Only those selected for shortlisting may be contacted.
Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Application close date: 4:00pm, Friday 26 February 2021 unless closed earlier.
Please click “Apply for this job” then attach your resume and cover letter addressing the relevant criteria.
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Police checks and Working with children checks forms part of the recruitment process.
We encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for this position.
If you choose to apply for this position we reserve the right to retain your CV on our database indefinitely. If you do not wish for this to happen please notify us by email address detailed above.
Successful applicants must comply with the NSW Child
Youth off The Streets is an EEO Employer
« View more volunteer opportunities