Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with high school education, living skills and full time or part time work.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide counselling and psychological services to students and their families, thereby assisting them to develop to their potential and take responsibility for their life choices through participation in Youth Off The Streets programs.
This is a permanent full time role based at Chapel School, Merrylands reporting to the School Manager, Chapel School.
- Registered Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Bachelor or postgraduate degree majoring in Psychology
- Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Education
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in direct service provision to young people
- Experience in providing therapeutic counselling to school students with challenging behaviours
- Experience and knowledge of running Solution Focused, CBT, harm minimisation or group sessions
- Experience in conducting, interpreting and reporting on psychometric testing
- Planning and working with parent groups
- Demonstrate knowledge of family and domestic violence and child protection issues
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to students and their families
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles that underpin a child safe organisation including mandatory child protection procedures
- Have an understanding of adolescent development
- Demonstrated capacity to respect and work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of diverse cultural backgrounds
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Drivers Licence and unrestricted Australian working rights are essential for this position.
Additional skills and experience working with students in an educational setting, young people who present with learning difficulties and/or young people who are in Out of Home Care, have complex mental health needs and Alcohol and Other Drug issues are desirable qualities. Further experience and understanding of the Nationally Consistent Collection of Data on school students with a disability (NCCD) requirements and processes is desirable.
The successful candidate will have a desire to work within a dedicated and service driven educational setting and be able to develop the confidence of students and other stakeholders at Youth Off The Streets through consistent action, values and communication. You will be a team player and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click on APPLY NOW to send your cover letter & resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Applications close 4:00pm, Wednesday 19 August 2020« View more volunteer opportunities