Youth Off The Streets is a service lead organisation looking for a School Counsellor for its school in Macquarie Fields – Eden College.
We’re looking for someone to provide a counselling service to students and their families thereby assisting them to develop to their potential and take responsibility for their life choices through participation in Youth Off The Streets programs.
This position is aligned with Level 2 of the Australian Counselling Association Scope of Practice for registered counsellors.
This is a permanent part time position based at Eden College, Macquarie Fields and will report to the School Manager.
The essential criteria for this role are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling (minimum AQF Level 7)
- ACA-registered Counsellor at Level 2
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification supervised practice
- Commitment to ongoing professional development (25 points) and supervision (10 hours) per membership year
Experience and Skills:
- Able to maintain confidentiality within a recognised theoretical framework
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working with students who present with learning difficulties or intellectual disability
- Experience working with students who are in Out Of Home Care, have complex mental health needs and Alcohol and Other Drug issues
- Experience working with culturally diverse groups
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to students and their families
- Possess a thorough understanding of the mandatory child protection reporting procedures and values that underpin a child safe organisation
- Have an understanding of adolescent development
- Current and valid NSW Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check
- Able to offer mentoring to counsellors on placement
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct service provision with students in an educational setting and knowledge of and familiarity with the South West Sydney Area are desirable qualities.
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, full Australian Working Rights, First Aid Certificate and a Drivers Licence are essential for this position.
Youth Off The Streets is a high profile non-denominational community organisation originally set up by Father Chris Riley. We work with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. We support these young people to overcome immense personal trauma and turn their lives around.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max two pages) with your application.
Only those selected for shortlisting may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Advert close date: 25 June 2021 unless closed earlier« View more volunteer opportunities