Youth Off The Streets is a service lead organisation looking for a Scholarships Administrator.
We’re looking for someone to support the Scholarships Coordinator and provide assistance to young people enrolled in Youth Off The Streets National Scholarship, Mentoring and iDrive programs.
You will hard-working and results driven and comfortable maintaining relationships with various stakeholders.
The role covers a broad range of requirements which effectively contribute to the three programs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- providing personal support to young people and their mentors, ensuring they feel connected and provide referrals to other agencies or services as appropriate;
- handling scholarship recipients records to provide effective case management and providing reports as required;
- assisting with the nomination and selection process and National Scholarship Awards Ceremony weekend; and
- assisting with the recruitment, training and placement of mentors with mentees.
This is a 12 month maximum term contract. You will be based at Alexandria however some travel is required.
The essential criteria for this role are:
- Minimum TAFE Certificate IV in Youth, Social or Community Work
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 12 months in a similar position working with disadvantaged youth with the ability to research and make referrals appropriately
- Knowledge of and experience in schools/community services with a strong focus of higher education
- Proven ability to plan, organise, monitor, evaluate and adapt programs to meet identified outcomes
- Assessment and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with sound time management skills
- Effective communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion and dedication to motivate and support young people achieve their education and vocational goals and enter the workforce
- Competent IT knowledge, including Windows programs
- Ability to work within a team
- Possess a thorough understanding of the mandatory child protection reporting procedures and values that underpin a child safe organisation
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, full Australin Working Rights and a Drivers Licence are essential for this position.
Youth Off The Streets is a high profile non-denominational community organisation originally set up by Father Chris Riley. We work with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. We support these young people to overcome immense personal trauma and turn their lives around.
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max two pages) with your application.
Only those selected for shortlisting may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Advert close date: 3pm Friday 16 October 2020« View more volunteer opportunities