Youth Off The Streets (YOTS) is a service lead organisation seeking a motivated, collaborative and enthusiastic Administration Assistant to join its RTO team.
The primary purpose of the Administration Assistant is to provide general administrative support to the RTO specifically in administration, operations and RTO compliance management functions.
The main areas of the role include, but is not limited to:
- Systems and reporting – being accountable for the data management system, aXcelerate, and administering reports as per AVETMESS and ASQA standards; and
- General administration – preparing documents and maintaining compliance relating to enrolments, classes, course work and closing learners off (i.e. producing certificates etc.)
This is a permanent part time position (3 days per week), reporting to the RTO Manager. You will be based from Merrylands however travel to other YOTS sites (for example, Cordeaux Heights) is required from time to time.
The essential criteria for this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Certificate IV level qualification in Business Administration or similar studies or commensurate experience
- Formal training in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher
- 2 years’ experience in administration, preferably within an RTO setting
- Strong understanding of the ASQA standards and compliance requirements
- Strong understanding of Child Safe principles, policies and responsibilities
- Ability to work under high pressure situations and changing priority environments
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated organisation, administrative, time management and record keeping skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Proven software skills in using Windows, Microsoft Office Suite including Power point, Databases (preferably aXcelerate) and software programs and an interest to further develop existing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain quality administrative systems including continuous improvement processes
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a busy multi-disciplinary team and to work independently as required
- Possess a thorough understanding of the mandatory child protection reporting procedures and values that underpin a child safe organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to students and their families
- Awareness of risk factors associated with abuse and neglect of children and young people
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, NSW Drivers Licence, and unrestricted Australian Working Rights are essential for this position.
Youth Off The Streets is a high profile non-denominational community organisation founded by Father Chris Riley. We work with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. We support these young people to overcome immense personal trauma and turn their lives around.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to email@example.com
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max two pages) with your application.
Applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Only those selected for shortlisting may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Advert close date: 4pm Friday 12 March 2021 unless closed earlier« View more volunteer opportunities