Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. We support these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse. It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a fulltime or part time job in hand.
We are looking for someone to join our collaborative Risk and Compliance team on a maximum term basis until September 2021. You will be helping us to maintain compliance with regulatory, industry and organisational benchmarks, as well as using our risk management process to assist the business to identify and manage risks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Formulating and implementing compliance monitoring activities, using compliance monitoring software
- Facilitate risk assessments to ensure risks are identified, evaluated, and managed
- Prepare appropriate risk and compliance documentation and reporting
- Develop internal policies, procedures and compliance strategies to ensure the systems meet statutory obligations
- Involvement in the preparation of business continuity plans, investigations and periodical reporting
- Assist with continuous quality improvement across YOTS to improve the organisation’s compliance and practice against standards and regulatory requirements
- Provide technical support and coaching to drive the risk management framework across the organisation
- 3 years’ experience in using the tools and techniques of risk and compliance management
- Appropriate Bachelor level qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable/flexible attitude, including ability to reprioritise at short notice
- Strong evaluation and data analysis skills
- Experience with conducting operational audits
- Previous experience in Risk and Compliance Management; if gained within the Community Services sector, this would be an advantage
- Some experience in developing and delivering Risk/Compliance competency based training programs highly desirable
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in a Risk and/or Compliance function and be able to develop the confidence of staff and management through consistent action, integrity and communication. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse
If you are excited by a challenge and are experienced in Risk and/or Compliance, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click on APPLY NOW to send your cover letter and resume through to email@example.com
Recruiters need not make contact.
Applications Close 4:00pm, Friday 9 October 2020« View more volunteer opportunities