Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse. It is our goal that these young people will leave our care with a high school education, living skills and a full time or part time job in hand.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
We are seeking an effective Personal Assistant to provide secretarial and administrative support to the Director of Youth Support Services.
Some of the main duties of this role include:
- General administrative and secretarial duties
- Ensure all communication, planning schedules, meetings, reports, travel and associated tasks are organised and planning calendars are maintained.
- Manage and prioritise workflows to ensure that meeting reports, minutes, correspondence and matters for attention are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- With discretion, receive, screen and prioritise telephone calls directed to the Director of Youth Support Services.
- Provide confidential minute taking and administrative support to meetings.
- Identify and take follow-up action arising from the notes that are required.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, documents, data and graphics/images.
- Receive and refer correspondence to appropriate staff for action.
This is a permanent full time position working across various locations of Sydney (including Greater Western Sydney, Campbelltown and inner-city).
The essential criteria for this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Completed or currently undertaking a TAFE course in Office Management or similar studies Essential
- 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Training in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access database
- Microsoft office, 50 wpm typing
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work autonomously, employ initiative to find solutions, prioritise and exercise discretion.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Ability to liaise at an executive level, work under pressure and multi-task.
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Drivers licence and unrestricted Australian Working Rights are essential for this position.
Applications close 12 April 2021 unless closed prior.
Please click “Apply for this job” then attach your resume and cover letter addressing the relevant criteria.
Otherwise, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you enclose a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria (3 pages maximum).
Recruiters need not make contact.
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Police checks and Working with children checks forms part of the recruitment process.
We encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for this position.
If you choose to apply for this position we reserve the right to retain your CV on our database indefinitely. If you do not wish for this to happen please notify us by email address detailed above.
Successful applicants must comply with the NSW Child
Youth off The Streets is an EEO Employer« View more volunteer opportunities