- Full-Time Personal Assistant
- Salary Packaging and Attractive Benefits
- Located at Bankstown
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full-time or part-time job in hand.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and manage the schedule relating to company activities directly associated with the Director of Outreach Services. You will be responsible for maintaining a high level of discretion by delivering on provisions of secretarial and administrative support deemed necessary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce memos, presentations, reports and correspondence in a timely and confidential manner
- Organise business appointments and travel arrangements
- Screening telephone calls, fielding enquires and escalate when required
- Undertake special administrative projects that aim to improve the efficiency of the current system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and highly service orientated
- Arrange and prepare agenda and taking minutes of staff meetings
- Liaise with staff and clients as necessary
- Mange confidential filing
- Handle all incoming mail in accordance with protocol for confidential mail
- Diary management and booking appointments, making phone calls to arrange appointments
- Typing letters
Essential Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake special administrative projects that aim to improve the efficiency of program systems
- Collate and produce general correspondence, memos, presentations, reports and templates in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion
- Able to organise internal and external meetings
- Effective and efficient communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating confidence in engaging managers and staff
- Understanding of confidentiality in relation to client privacy and data management and storage
- Proficient computer and Word processing skills
- Valid and current Working With Children Check
- Current driver’s license
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a desire to work within a dedicated and service driven outreach team, where you are working closely with employees to achieve great results. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working together to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, I would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Applications close on Friday 31st August 2018.« View more volunteer opportunities