Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse. It is our goal that these young people will leave our care with a high school education, living skills and a full time or part time job in hand.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
We are seeking a P&C Lead to lead the People and Culture Team.
This position is responsible for providing support to team members, providing high level guidance and expertise to management in relation to people management matters from a business partnering perspective, and to play a lead role in the development and implementation of P&C projects and initiatives, as detailed within the ‘Investment in Capabilities’ section of the Youth Off The Streets Strategy Plan 2019-2022.
Priority item areas include:
- Strategic people management
- Performance management
- Disciplinary action and employee grievances
- Industrial relations and legislation
- Succession and workforce planning
- Recruitment and selection
- Organisational development
- Project management and reporting
- Workforce rehabilitation
This is a permanent full time position working In Alexandria however travel to other Youth Off The Streets sites is required. The position reports to the Director Organisational Capability and is responsible for four direct reports.
The essential criteria for this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Undergraduate qualifications in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or related other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years HR experience and a minimum 2 years in a leadership capacity leading a team of professionals.
- Significant experience with a wide range of employee relations issues within a complex industry.
- Proven history of developing and executing effective programs that support a positive company culture and employee experience.
- Experience in applying people management best practice principles, initiatives and processes.
- Experience in identifying HR business needs, implementing plans and contributing to people management projects.
- Experience in identifying, develop and implement organisational policies and procedures relating to P&C.
- A strong working knowledge of employee and industrial relations frameworks.
- Strong risk assessment skills at the organisational and individual level.
- Strong communication with high level writing ability and attention to detail.
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Drivers licence and unrestricted Australian Working Rights are essential for this position.
Applications close 12 April 2021 unless closed prior.
To apply please send a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the relevant criteria to email@example.com
Please ensure you enclose a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria (3 pages maximum).
Recruiters need not make contact.
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Police checks and Working with children checks forms part of the recruitment process.
We encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for this position.
If you choose to apply for this position we reserve the right to retain your CV on our database indefinitely. If you do not wish for this to happen please notify us by email address detailed above.
Successful applicants must comply with the NSW Child Protection Legislation
Youth off The Streets is an EEO Employer« View more volunteer opportunities