Youth Off The Streets is seeking an experienced Payroll Coordinator to join the People and Culture Team. The payroll position is integral to the overall success of team and as such is responsible for the accuracy of payroll processing, salary packaging and people and culture services as required to employees and managers at Youth Off The Streets.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated person to deliver positive customer service to managers and employees, provide advice on all payroll related matters, and ensure all audit and regulatory requirements are met.
This is a full time permanent opportunity based in Alexandria NSW, and reports to the Director People and Culture.
The essential criteria for this role include:
· Completed secondary school to year 10 at least; and
· Cert IV in Accounting/Finance Fields.
Skills and competencies:
· Experience using a large Payrolll system such as ADP;
· Extensive experience in coordinating the provision of payroll in a challenging environment;
· Sound understanding of relevant employment and taxation legislation including Fair Work Act, Taxation Superannuation, Return to Work, etc.;
· High level of computer literacy with skills in MS Office and relevant reporting program;
· Ability to work as part of team;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and attention to detail;
· Extensive experience with automated payroll system(s).
· Change adaptability
· Ability to interpret Modern Award and Enterprise Agreements
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check and full Australian Working Rights are essential for this position.
HR generalist experience and the ability to train others in payroll activities (to meet back up needs) is desirable.
Youth Off The Streets is a high profile non-denominational community organisation originally set up by Father Chris Riley. With a staff of approx. 240, we work with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. We support these young people to overcome immense personal trauma and turn their lives around.
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to email@example.com
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max two pages) with your application.
Only those selected for shortlisting may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Advert close date: 28 February 2020« View more volunteer opportunities