- Part time, 3 days per week
- Maximum term contract until September 2019
- Salary Packaging available
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse. It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a fulltime or part time job in hand.
Youth Off The Streets has been allocated funding from the Department of Education and Communities (DEC) to deliver a Links to Learning program to students in Years 7 to 10 across schools in the Inner West District. The program is designed to actively strengthen retention and transition strategies in schools for students who are identified as at risk of disengaging from their learning and/or at risk of leaving school early.
As Program Facilitator, you will be responsible for supporting the design, implementation, delivery, reporting and evaluation of the Links to Learning Program in partnership with Inner West Schools and Youth Off The Streets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day planning to implement the Links to Learning program using specific frameworks
- Co-deliver the Links to Learning Program to students within the school and in other locations
- Determine suitability of student referrals
- Work with students and school staff to develop Individual Learning Plans
- Integrate links to learning program with existing in school curriculum and support programs
- Collect data and report on program outcomes within specific timeframes
- Assess student progress and achievement of program outcomes
- Develop individual plans to ensure young people remain engaged and meet program outcomes
- Liaise with key stake holders; such as Links to Learning Facilitators, Program Coordinator, school support staff and teachers to ensure young people remain successfully engaged
- Liaise with external partners to deliver specific sessions
- Other duties as required by the program coordinator
- Perform other duties that provide Youth opportunities to promote the Youth Off The Streets values
- Ensure the Links to Learning Database is updated on a regular and consistent basis
- Ensure that links are also made with other schools to provide opportunity to expand Links to Learning program
Essential criteria, including but not limited to:
- Qualifications in Education, Social Welfare or related field
- Knowledge of Mainstream education and Experiential Learning
- Knowledge of Social Emotional Learning and ways to implement SEL in the classroom
- Experience working with High-School age young people
- A broad understanding of issues and challenges faced by young people and their families, and the ability to implement strategies to address and overcome these issues
- Ability to identify and tailor learning to individual learning needs of young people
- Ability to use a range of strategies to engage young people with complex needs
- An understanding of the design, development and delivery of Educational Programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to role model appropriate behaviour with staff and students
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a desire to work within a dedicated and service driven Homelessness Service Team, where you are working closely with employees to achieve great results. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working together to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
To apply, email your application to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you enclose a copy of your resume and just as importantly, a copy of your cover letter addressing the essential criteria.
Recruiters need not make contact.« View more volunteer opportunities