- Competitive Salary plus NFP Salary Packaging Options
- Great development opportunities
- Close to public transport
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full-time or part-time job in hand.
The Help Desk Technician will provide quality customer support by utilising excellent customer service skills and technical expertise, researching, analysing, resolving and responding to basic through to complex issues for Youth Off The Streets. This support will be provided via telephone, e-mail, face to face and remotely to deliver solutions within specified service level agreements.
This is a permanent part time opportunity working 3 days per week for an experienced help desk professional to provide hands on support, reporting directly to the (IT) Systems Administrator. The position is based at our Corporate Services office in Alexandria however travel is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing first level technical advice to users on personal computer hardware and software
- Resolving client problems and queries in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring all users know the current status of their individual problems
- Monitoring all problems reported to the Helpdesk
- Liaising effectively with Suppliers
- Logging and keeping current all problems via a Problem Management System
- Producing records reflecting Helpdesk and job stream statistics in a timely manner and monitoring call volumes to avert potential escalation problems
- Liaising with Network Engineers regarding the progress of their action on assigned problems
- Coordinating and updating the Helpdesk Manual
- Liaising with Managers/Supervisors regarding potential problems
- Provide Phone, email, remote and face to face support
- Produce and maintain site documentation and other intellectual property of the company
- Document all services within the Helpdesk ticket management system accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain tickets ensuring all schedules, notes and entries are entered in a timely manner
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Retail customer service experience or Helpdesk experience
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Client Operating System, Network Troubleshooting, PC hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- PC hardware and software support and configuration skills
- Proven customer service skill set
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and desktop environment
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2007 and Office 365
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN networking and remote VPN
- Ability to manage multiple problems at once and able to prioritise activities.
- Strong focus on achieving and delivering KPI’s, and project delivery targets
- Sound analytical problem solving skills
- Positive attitude towards problems and difficulties
- Excellent communication skills (both written & oral)
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment
- Valid NSW Drivers licence
- Knowledge and experience working within a Service Desk environment
- Experience managing Hyper-V virtualisation technology
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
The ideal candidate will be self motivated and have the desire to work within an environment liaising closely with stakeholders and the community for a great cause. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Applications Close 30 November 2018
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on marketing, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click on APPLY NOW to send your resume through to email@example.com
Recruiters need not make contact.« View more volunteer opportunities