Youth Off The Streets is a community services organisation looking for an Office Support Coordinator.
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Organisation Capability team (comprising of HR, IT, Research and Evaluation, Property and Fleet, and Cultural Services). Under direction of the Director OC, the role will also provide support to the wider Corporate Services/ Alexandria site (approx. 40 staff and seven departments).
This position is responsible for:
- Reception – attend to all enquiries (phone and face-to-face), distribute and organise mail, courier and freight requests as requested.
- Supplies – act on all request for office/stationary supplied, manage stock, process orders etc.
- Workforce administration – conduct all administrative requirements associated with the OC department and the wider Corporate Services/Alexandria site, draft correspondence, schedule meetings, office/building maintenance and ensure the site is presented in an orderly manner.
This is a fast-paced, standalone role. At times, you will have minimal direction so to be successful you will be a self-starter who uses initiative to get things done! You will be efficient and proactive, used to working in a busy environment, and have high attention to detail.
The other essential criteria of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Certificate IV level qualification in Business Administration or similar studies or commensurate experience.
Experience and skills:
- 3 years’ experience in administration
- Ability to work under high pressure situations and changing priority environments
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to set work priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong organisation, administrative, time management and record keeping skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced software skills in using Windows, Microsoft Office Suite including Power point, Databases, and software programs and an interest to further develop existing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain quality administrative systems including continuous improvement processes
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a busy multi-disciplinary team and to work independently as required
- Possess a thorough understanding of the mandatory child protection reporting procedures and values that underpin a child safe organisation
- Have an understanding of adolescent development
- Strong understanding of Child Safe principles, policies and responsibilities
- Awareness of risk factors associated with abuse and neglect of children and young people
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, full Australian Working Rights and a Drivers Licence are essential for this position.
Youth Off The Streets is a high profile non-denominational community organisation founded by Father Chris Riley. We work with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. We support these young people to overcome immense personal trauma and turn their lives around.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max. two pages) with your application.
Only those selected for shortlisting may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Advert close date: 3 March 2021 unless closed earlier.« View more volunteer opportunities