- Competitive Salary plus NFP Salary Packaging Options
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Maximum term contract, 12 months | Full time
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full time or part time job in hand.
The primary purpose of the LMS Coordinator is to provide quality subject matter expertise and administration of the learner management system (ELMO).
You will be responsible for managing the electronic learning platforms, currently ELMO LMS framework, and assisting in the creation, development, introduction, management and reporting of training programs across the organisation.
This is a maximum term (12 months), full time role based from the Youth Off The Street Corporate Services office in Alexandria, reporting directly to the Manager Human Resources.
Responsibilities of the position fall within these key areas of focus:
- Maintain the quality, data integrity and compliance of the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Be the LMS subject matter, content and system operations expert
- Partner with LMS vendor (ELMO) when problems arise
- Manage LMS minor implementations and projects
- Engage with stakeholders to proactively promote the use of the LMS, and support employees when required
- Manage reporting and driving results for one hundred percent completion rates
- Data analysis of learning and development outcomes and training platforms
- Coordinating communication plans dealing with policies, procedures, and operational status of the LMS software, with all stakeholders
- Develop training programs from the LMS library by adapting them to suit the end user, and develop online training on ad-hoc development needs (training for policies, procedures etc.)
- Support the HR team with other ad hoc duties as required
- Work closely with the Training and Development team as required
- Commitment to completion of annual mandatory training modules
- Exercise due diligence to prevent young people being exposed to harm
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Human Resources, or Learning and Development (preferred)
- 1-2 years’ experience in same or similar role
- Excellent PC skills, and experience using a learner management system
- High attention to detail
- Desire to develop capabilities in delivering training
- Strategic thinker. Able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyse risk, make good judgements, and effectively problem solve.
- Team player. Willingness to work in other areas of HR to manage peaks in the team’s workload and cover for colleagues as required
- Clear, concise and influential written communications skills
- Creative, resourceful, and pragmatic with a positive ‘can do’ and solution focused attitude
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles that underpin a child safe organisation including mandatory child protection procedures
- Demonstrated capacity to respect and work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Valid NSW Drivers Licence and Working With Children Check
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Previous experience in training coordination (or similar) desirable
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in administration and learning and development. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on administration and learning and development, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click on APPLY NOW to send your cover letter and resume through to email@example.com
Recruiters need not make contact.
Applications Close Saturday 19 January 2019.« View more volunteer opportunities