- Competitive Salary plus NFP Salary Packaging Options
- Full-Time Maximum Term until December 2019
- Marrickville location
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation providing a range of support services with the aim of making a difference in the lives of homeless and disadvantaged young people.
Inner West Youth Homelessness Service was established to address youth homelessness in the Inner West of Sydney, by providing casework and housing opportunities to young people, and developing the capacity of families and the community to prevent homelessness.
The Intake Officer is office based and will provide phone intake and assessment and referral to homeless and at risk young people, while managing a referral database and meeting reporting requirements. This is a unique opportunity to join a high profile Non for Profit organisation, and a committed youth support team working closely with the local community to prevent homelessness.
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, or a relevant field
- Strong data entry, software skills and ability to quickly learn systems
- Demonstrate experience and sound knowledge of case management processes including case management theory and best practise principles
- Demonstrate ability to utilise established referral pathways and use trauma-informed and strengths based approach and to achieve client outcomes
- Ability to provide culturally-responsive support to Culturally Diverse clients and Aboriginal clients
- Superior communication and networking skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Ability to work flexible hours and work after hours as required
- Drivers licence
- Experience across both Government and NGO sector
- Experience working in the SHS sector
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Inner West Sydney region
The successful candidate will possess the motivation to work in a role that offers ever-changing activities and challenges. You will have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working closely within a team to achieve great outcomes.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (addressing essential criteria) to email@example.com
Applications for this position will close on Friday 11 January 2019.
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.« View more volunteer opportunities