Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full-time or part-time job in hand.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a range of tasks relating to the routine maintenance, repairs and upkeep of school facilities and grounds. The role may assist with the set-up and removal of furniture and equipment for school activities across our school sites.
This is a Permanent Part Time position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organising rooms, relocation of furniture, audio visual aids, public address systems and other items/equipment as required; dismantle and store items when not in use;
- Identify and report maintenance/safety issues; undertake maintenance of buildings and equipment not covered by contracts;
- Having oversight of Contractors onsite, with specific responsibilities associated with access and safety;
- Maintaining and caring for school grounds including mowing, gardening, pruning, marking out and duties as directed;
- Safely and proficiently operate and maintain equipment
- Receive, store and distribute supplies in accordance with school procedures
- Work cooperatively with others to prioritise upcoming tasks
- Responding flexibly to competing/emerging maintenance priorities
- Maintaining cooperative relationships with teaching and non-teaching staff
Essential Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Recent experience in general maintenance within a school environment, preferably a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role;
- A current NSW drivers licence;
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a desire to work within a dedicated and service driven team, where you are working closely with employees to achieve great results. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working together to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check
Recruiters need not make contact.
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Police checks and Working with children checks forms part of the recruitment process.
We encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for this position.
If you choose to apply for this position we reserve the right to retain your CV on our database indefinitely. If you do not wish for this to happen please notify us by email address detailed above.
Successful applicants must comply with the NSW Child
Youth off The Streets is an EEO Employer
« View more volunteer opportunities