At Youth Off The Streets we believe that all young people should be given the chance to achieve their best. Through our Scholarship Program we will support those young people who show the potential and desire to further their talents, but who, without assistance would struggle to move forward.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate the Youth Off the Streets Scholarship program. This involves liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including young people, service providers, corporate supporters and private constituents. You will also contribute to other education or fundraising projects as specified.
You will be responsible for the nominations received from young people with genuine talent, ability and determination who need Scholarship funds to pay for educational course fees and also for support costs such as equipment, uniform, textbooks and stationery whilst providing ongoing personal support to ensure that the recipients have every possible opportunity to reach their goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the ongoing development, documentation and coordination of the Youth Off The Streets National Scholarship Program
- Principle responsibility for program expenditure budget
- Source annual scholarship sponsors and subsequently manages all sponsor relationships
- In consultation with Marketing and Communications, be the national PR/Media of the program
- Process all nominations & coordinate pre-selection & final selection of scholarship recipients.
- Manage recipient relationships & coordinate Pathway Plans for each scholarship recipient over the two years of their scholarship.
- Maintain accurate financial records for each scholarship recipient. Issue funds as required in line with Youth Off The Streets procedures.
- Along with Youth Liaison Worker, maintain accurate case management notes for each young person. Provide ongoing support and assistance to the scholarship recipients.
- Maintain relationship with service providers throughout Australia.
- Maintain quarterly reporting requirements for sponsors.
- Coordinate all details of the young people’s attendance at the annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony.
- Assist the Events Coordinator in the coordination of the Scholarship Award Ceremony.
- Ongoing evaluation of the program
- Perform other duties that provide Youth opportunities to promote the YOTS values
- Model Restorative Practices on a daily basis
- Tertiary qualification in Social Science, Education, Humanities or Management
- Experience in the NGO sector and knowledge of National Educational opportunities for young people
- Self-motivated with sound time management skills and ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing a complex budgets
- Demonstrated sponsor relationship management and ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated passion and dedication to motivate and support young people achieve their vocational goals and enter the workforce.
- Competent IT knowledge, including current Windows programs
- Willingness to lead current research on best practice in working with youth.
- Effective communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Managing people and performance skills
- Current Drivers Licence.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow. Successful applicants must show they have addressed criteria prior to interview.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, I would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click on APPLY NOW to send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 4 June 2019 (AEST)« View more volunteer opportunities