At Youth Off The Streets we believe that all young people should be given the chance to achieve their best. Through our National Scholarship Program we will support those young people who show the potential and desire to further their talents, but who, without assistance, would struggle to move forward.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate the Youth Off the Streets National Scholarship program. This involves liaising with internal and external stakeholders, young people, service providers, corporate supporters and private sponsors.
You will be responsible for processing all nominations & coordinate pre-selection & final selection of scholarship recipients. Young people from around Australia can use the scholarship to pay for educational course fees, for support costs such as equipment, uniform, textbooks and stationery whilst providing ongoing personal support to ensure that the recipients have every possible opportunity to reach their goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the ongoing development, documentation, coordination and evaluation of the Youth Off The Streets National Scholarship Program
- Principle responsibility for program expenditure budget
- Source annual scholarship sponsors and subsequently manage all sponsor relationships
- In consultation with Marketing and Communications, be the national PR/Media contact of the program
- Process all nominations & coordinate pre-selection & final selection of scholarship recipients.
- Manage recipient relationships & coordinate Pathway Plans for each scholarship recipient over the two years of their scholarship.
- Maintain accurate financial records for each scholarship recipient. Issue funds as required in line with Youth Off The Streets procedures.
- Along with Youth Liaison Worker, maintain accurate case management notes for each young person. Provide ongoing support and assistance to the scholarship recipients.
- With the Mentor manager match applicants with their mentors.
- Maintain quarterly reporting requirements for sponsors.
- Coordinate the annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony and young people’s attendance.
- Perform other duties that provide Youth opportunities to promote the YOTS values
- Model Restorative Practices on a daily basis
- Tertiary qualification in Social Science, Education, Humanities or Management
- Experience in the NGO sector and knowledge of National Educational opportunities for young people
- Self-motivated with sound time management skills and ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing a complex budgets
- Demonstrated sponsor relationship management and ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated passion and dedication to motivate and support young people achieve their goals
- Competent IT knowledge, including current Windows/Excel programs
- Willingness to lead current research on best practice in working with youth.
- Effective communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Managing people and performance skills
- Current Drivers Licence.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow. Successful applicants must show they have addressed criteria prior to interview.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, I would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click on APPLY NOW to send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 4 June 2019 (AEST)« View more volunteer opportunities