Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse. It is our goal that these young people will leave our care with a high school education, living skills and a full time or part time job in hand.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
The Engagement and Support Manager provides leadership and management to the Engagement and Support teams across multiple locations within NSW and QLD.
Some of the functions of the role include:
- Working in collaboration with the management team within the Services portfolio to streamline programs and create synergies that lead to improved service delivery to young people.
- Strategically form relationships and partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders, to promote and expand the services portfolio.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of processes and systems that ensure consistency in service quality.
- Monitor performance and ensure programs are meeting contractual agreements and KPI’s.
- Identify opportunities for growth and develop business case proposals for consideration by the director of Services and Leadership Team.
- Develop program budgets and revenue and expenditure projections.
- Produce high quality reporting for internal and external purposes.
- Develop new project proposals and source suitable funding opportunities.
- Lead the planning, development and implementation of community development strategies and programs that improve outcomes for young people and build community capacity.
- Keep up to date with legislative and compliance requirements for all areas under the Engagement and support portfolio.
- Implement a client focused approach and holistic service response.
This is a permanent full time position reporting to the Director Services and is required to operate from multiple locations (travel across sites is a requirement).
Selection Criteria, includes but is not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Services or related field or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5 years management/team lead experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in youth work.
Skills and knowledge:
- Ability to identify and adopt best practice models to inform and improve service delivery.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including well developed written skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor staff providing supervision and support and identifying necessary professional development and training.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical skills leading to improved service quality and new opportunities.
- Advanced financial management skills, including monitoring and forecasting program expenditure and providing analysis of budget trends.
- Strong networking skills and ability to negotiate new partnerships and execute service agreements with government and non-government agencies.
- Ability to foster positive team culture and be an effective team player.
- Ability to develop and implement processes and protocols that ensure efficiency and high quality services.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of the youth and community sector and current available government funding steams
- High level of cultural awareness and knowledge of culturally sensitive practices.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent negotiation and motivational skills.
- Experience and knowledge of youth issues.
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Drivers Licence and unrestricted Australian working rights are essential for this position.
Applications close 12 April 2021 unless closed prior.
To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you enclose a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria (3 pages maximum).
Recruiters need not make contact.
Please click “Apply for this job” then attach your resume and cover letter addressing the relevant criteria.
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Police checks and Working with children checks forms part of the recruitment process.
We encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for this position.
If you choose to apply for this position we reserve the right to retain your CV on our database indefinitely. If you do not wish for this to happen please notify us by email address detailed above.
Successful applicants must comply with the NSW Child
Youth off The Streets is an EEO Employer« View more volunteer opportunities