- Competitive Salary plus NFP Salary Packaging Options
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Permanent Full time position
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full time or part time job in hand.
The Content Marketing Coordinator is responsible for producing marketing material to be published across all Youth Off The Streets communication channels. The role will be in constant contact with internal services in order to gather the best stories the organisation has to offer. The role will be split between external communications and internal communications.
The Content Marketing Coordinator will be required to ensure that all Youth Off The Streets’ channels have well written up-to-date content; including, case studies, good news stories, advocacy related opinion pieces and service updates.
This is a permanent full time role based from the Youth Off The Street Corporate Services office in Alexandria, however travel will be required to internal services, events and programs run throughout the year. This position reports directly to the Manager Marketing and Communications.
Responsibilities of the position fall within these key areas of focus:
- Create engaging content for: press releases, websites, blogs, social channels, and newsletters. Assist with and provide content for all current social media platforms as well as any new key social media platforms identified by the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Assist with the design, copy and artwork of EDMs as required
- Design artwork and imagery for the brand website
- Contributing to the delivery of creative campaign ideas, including research and ideation for new projects
- Creating and designing all marketing collateral
- Youth Off The Streets positions itself as a leader in the Education and social services industry. This role will work collaboratively with internal teams to produce thought leadership content on a range of issues including; education, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander issues, homelessness, and child protection
- Assist in the provision of media and communications advice and exercise sound judgement on sensitive and controversial issues to the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Ensure the protection of young people in dealing with all media & communications material by enforcing the Youth Off The Streets Media Policy
- Ensure all photos used in publications and any external communication (website, presentations etc.) are approved for publication in accordance with the YOTS media policy
- Visiting internal services and stakeholders to maintain relationships and develop relevant and compelling marketing and communications material
- Ensure all media contact is followed through appropriate channels as outlined in the Media Policy
- Write and design reports and submissions to inquiries as directed by Marketing and Communications Manager
- Monitor industry and digital developments and make any recommendations for the brand
- Assist with proofing, editing of all promotional information for all of Youth Off The Streets
- Assist with the creation of all advertisements for Youth Off The Streets
- Idea creation – contribute to team brainstorms and strategy development
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism
- Recently graduated from University or up to 1 year in a similar role
- Valid NSW Drivers Licence and Working With Children Check
- Communications management, journalism or other related field
- NFP experience
- Adobe creative suite experience
- CMS experience- WordPress or SharePoint preferred
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for content creation and marketing. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation. This role will offer you plenty of opportunities to learn and develop within a supportive, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on creating engaging content we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume through to email@example.com
Recruiters need not make contact.
Applications Close 4:00pm, Friday 8 February 2019« View more volunteer opportunities