Youth Off The Streets – Education Services
Youth Off The Streets prides itself in being able to meet student’s needs that currently cannot be met in mainstream schooling. Our schools aim to offer young people who have become disengaged from education an opportunity to achieve either the Record of School Achievement, Higher School Certificate or the skills they require to go on to further vocational education, apprenticeships and/or employment.
Often students do not realise that the path to reaching an ‘end goal’ is through education. We work to reignite a passion for learning by structuring the curriculum so that students may best progress on their path to their own end goal.
A majority of our success is based on that student oriented learning can take place in settings outside of the classroom. We endeavor to meet curriculum outcomes in an integrated program within the community.
With the possibility of working across multiple sites, the primary purpose of this casual Teacher position is to create a positive learning environment for students and deliver key competencies in accordance with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) approved programs whilst promoting YOTS ethos and values (PRIDE) in and out of the classroom.
YOTS Schools are located at Redfern/Maroubra/Merrylands/Macquarie Fields/Blue Haven/Cordeaux Heights.
- Four year Tertiary Qualification in Education.
- Current registration with New South Wales Institute of Teachers.
- Four years’ experience in a special education setting.
- A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Senior First Aid and Drivers Licence.
- Capacity to initiate and motivate improvement in a high school with disengaged youth.
- Capacity to creatively engage Aboriginal youth in learning.
- Record of successful teaching, curriculum implementation and organisational skills.
- Expertise in student welfare and ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, colleagues and the community.
- Proven ability to monitor, evaluate and adapt programs to meet identified outcomes.
- Capacity to integrate technology effectively into the classroom, especially with literacy and numeracy.
- Current, active experience in a variety of sports, activities, camps & excursions
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles that underpin a child safe organisation including mandatory child protection procedures
- Demonstrated capacity to respect and work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of diverse cultural backgrounds
Additional skills in Drama or Music, sport, camps and excursions or other extra curricula activities are desirable qualities.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in an educational setting and be able to develop the confidence of staff and other stakeholders in Youth Off The Streets through consistent action, values and communication. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
To apply, please send your resume through to email@example.com
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
« View more volunteer opportunities