Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full-time or part-time job in hand.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide immediate engagement with disadvantaged refugee young people who are disconnected from their families and communities and/or facing challenges. The Caseworker will assist young people with support and opportunities for personal growth, developing their identity and reaching full potential as healthy individuals within their community and larger society.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build trust and rapport with at risk young people in the district
- Re-connect young people with their families where appropriate
- Develop, implement and monitor case plans with young people
- Coordinate and review case plans in consultation with family and other stakeholders and supports
- Develop, maintain and liaise with local referral and support networks, including government, services, business and community
Essential Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Tertiary qualifications in Youth Work, Community Services or a relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience in case management of Young People
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills, diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and work afterhours in assertive community outreach as required
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Have an understanding of adolescent development
- Current Driver’s licence (Green Provisional P2 or above)
- Valid and current Working With Children Check
Desirable Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience across both Government and NGO sector
- Experience with working with Refugee and Asylum experienced young people
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Fairfield, South West Sydney region
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a desire to work within a dedicated and service driven team, where you are working closely with employees to achieve great results. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working together to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile non for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you enclose a copy of your resume and just as importantly, a copy of your cover letter addressing the essential criteria.
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check
Recruiters need not make contact.« View more volunteer opportunities