Competitive Salary plus NFP Salary Packaging Options
Full Time, Max Term Contract
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. Youth Off The Streets supports these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse. It is our goal that these young people will leave our care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and a full time or part time job in hand.
To provide casework and housing opportunities to homeless and at risk young people and their families in the Inner West of Sydney. You will be solely responsible for managing a client load by addressing client’s short and long term issues and goals, helping them build a support network. You will also deliver programs to our clients, liaise and collaborate with local networks, and meet reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in all elements of case management and will be able to manage a client load, build strong relationships with services and support networks and provide ongoing support as a member of the case work team. As a whole, you will enjoy working closely with employees to achieve great results, you will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. The successful candidate will posses a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working together to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and monitor case plans with young people
- Coordinate and review Case Plans in consultation with family and other stakeholders and supports
- Liaise with government and non-government agencies to ensure completion of case plan tasks
- Make decisions about referrals in line with program level agreement
- Allocate and monitor cases within the case work team to ensure clients’ needs and program targets are met
- Provide support to complex needs clients in consultation with managers and external specialists
- Participate in development and review of young people’s behaviour management and safety plans
- Ensure the monthly collection and acquittal of client numbers and data required for reporting to funding bodies
- Provide formal written reports and documentation to management and stakeholders in line with the agency’s reporting requirements
- Working with all staff to ensure compliance with SHS standards and best practice
- Ensure the program remains centred on the needs of clients
- Contribute to the development of the program, including casework resources
- Ensure all service users and community partners are dealt with professionally; and in a caring, timely and supportive manner
- Re-connect young people with their families where appropriate
- Contribute to the development of the youth and homelessness sectors
- Perform any other necessary tasks as directed
Essential criteria, including but not limited to:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, or a relevant field
- Training in Case Management, First Aid, Mandatory Reporting, Trauma-Informed Care
- At least 3 years’ experience in case management of Young People, with demonstrated experience and sound knowledge of case management theory, best practice principles, and case coordination
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the youth sector, Specialist Homelessness Services and the Going Home Staying Home reform
- Demonstrated ability to utilise referral pathways; apply trauma- and developmentally-informed and strengths based approaches; and to achieve client outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work with Culturally Diverse clients and Aboriginal clients
- Superior communication skills, including diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills, and written and verbal presentation skills including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to document, evaluate and report on tasks, service delivery and outcomes
- Demonstrated planning, organisational and superior time management skills
- Drivers licence, and ability to work flexible hours and after hours in assertive community outreach as required
Desirable criteria, including but not limited to:
- Post graduate qualifications
- Experience in family work; Trained in Rock & Water, Lovebites or similar program
- Experience working in the SHS sector
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Inner West Sydney region
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality casework and case management, we would like to hear from you.
Applications close Friday 25th January 2019.
To apply, please send your application to email@example.com
Please ensure you enclose a copy of your resume and just as importantly, a copy of your cover letter addressing the essential criteria.
Recruiters need not make contact.« View more volunteer opportunities