- Salary Packaging and attractive benefits
- Full-Time Maximum Term Contract, ending September 2019
- Located at Maroubra
Challenge yourself and make a difference in the lives of young people!
Youth Off The Streets is seeking a person from South East Sydney to work with young people from the local community.
We want you to listen to their stories! We want you to share yours! The hope is that we enthuse and inspire young people to unlock their full potential. In turn, we hope that their achievements enthuse and inspire you.
We work with disadvantaged young people to help them make better life choices. We do this by offering services that embody our values. We’re looking for someone that shares those values and can help young people using our method.
Our values are PRIDE – Passion, Respect ,Integrity, Dedication, Engagement – and we try and live these everyday. If you share these values then we need your assistance to make a difference in the lives of young people.
The primary purpose of this position is to work closely with vulnerable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youths to emphasise the importance of them having a positive impact in the community. Additional responsibilities of the position include addressing learning capabilities, addressing the rate of youth crime in the community and having the ability to provide an awareness of the importance of community safety.
You will work within clearly defined guidelines. You will also utilise your skills and knowledge to assist vulnerable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youths to engage and access the services and programs offered by Youth Off The Streets. This role will also involve some evenings and occasional weekend work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To promote the service within the community and maintain key networks and partnerships
- To assist young people at risk develop social rapport within the community in a positive and productive way.
- To re-connect youths with their families where appropriate and to link clients with other community organisations and leaders.
- Implement the daily activities program.
- Liaise with other community service organisations to organise joint function or programs for young people.
- Work to establish a positive relationship with the young people and, where appropriate, their families.
- Build and continue networking with selected stakeholders, other agencies, Schools.
- Maintain up-to-date diary records.
- Perform any other necessary tasks as directed by the Manager
- Help setup and run any evening program with trainees, volunteers and community people.
- Assist with planning to address the needs of young people
Essential Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Certificate IV in Youth Work, Community Services or Social Work
- Must hold a current driver’s license
- Strong communication skills and highly service orientated
- Experience in case work, group facilitation, child protection procedures
- Have the ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Have an understanding of adolescent development
Desirable Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of community development issues
- Knowledge of the local area and communities
- Experience working in an outreach setting
- Experience in program evaluation and planning
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile non for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a desire to work within a dedicated and service driven Aboriginal Services team, where you are working closely with employees to achieve great results. You will have a team focus and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals. You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working together to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation.
If you are excited by a challenge and have a strong focus on delivering quality services, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for short-listing may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check« View more volunteer opportunities